- Course schedule
- Language of instruction
- Entry requirements
- Tuition & logistic fees
- Financing & payment options
- Degrees awarded
- Teaching format
- Alumni benefits
- Duration: 5 weeks (full-time)
- Venue: American University of Central Asia (AUCA) in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Dates: July to August 2019
Module 2 (Executive Master only)
- Duration: 4 months (part-time)
- Venue: your place of work
- Dates: August to December 2019
Module 3 (Executive Master only)
- Duration: 2.5 weeks (full-time)
- Venue: Graduate Institute in Geneva, Switzerland
- Dates: February 2020
English, but the professional thesis can be written in English or in French
- Bachelor's degree (no particular discipline is required) and several years of professional experience (or an equivalent combination of training and experience)
- Proficiency in English (no certificate is required, although interviews by skype or in-person in Geneva may be requested to validate capacity for graduate-level study in this professional context)
- Support of the candidate's organisation - Executive Master only
- Executive Certificate - CHF 8'500
- Executive Master - fees* will be fixed according to the Human Development Index (HDI)
CHF 12'500* for candidates coming from a country with a low-to-medium HDI
CHF 17'500* for candidates coming from a country with a high HDI
CHF 25'000* for candidates coming from a country with a very high HDI
The programme is organising and covering the following services:
- Module 1: accommodation, meals, local transportation
- Module 3: accommodation, meals, round trip to Geneva, local transportation, health/accident insurance
You are required to organise and take at your expenses:
- Module 1: travel to Bishkek
- Module 2: all the logistic fees
- Health/accident expenses incurring during Modules 1 & 2
A discount will be offered if the total fees are paid before 30 May 2019.
While we are not in a position to offer scholarships, we are relatively flexible for the payment of fees. Don't hesitate to email us for more information about payment schedule, etc.
We also support applicants in their funding applications, by providing upon request thos admitted in the programme with a support letter to their financing institutions or sponsors.
A 10% discount is available to our alumni.
If you are a Geneva tax payer, you may be eligible to the chèque annuel de formation (CAF) up to CHF 2250, delivered by the Canton of Geneva. The CAF request must be made before the start of the training. The programme reference is # 2713.
If you withdraw from the programme, please note that no refund will be done for your contribution and any logistic expenses incurred at the moment of the withdrawal.
- Executive Certificate in Development Policies & Practices - Conflict and Fragility Management – Requires successful completion of Module 1. The Executive Certificate (Certificate of Advanced Studies or CAS) = 15 ECTS. Upgrade to an Executive Master requires completion within three years from the start date of the Executive Certificate.
- Executive Master in Development Policies & Practices - Conflict and Fragility Management – Requires successful completion of Modules 1, 2 & 3. The Executive Master (Diploma of Advanced Studes or DAS) = 30 ECTS.
Both programmes count towards the Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) in International Strategy and Adaptive Leadership.
IMPORTANT: Please, note that CAS and DAS degrees cannot be counted as academic degree requirements needed for PhD applications.
A variety of teaching formats are employed in the different modules of the programme, including lectures, readings, group work, peer-to-peer, case studies, discussions and debates, field and organisations visits, individual work with coaching, written assignments, distance teaching and public presentations
You will be recognised as an alumni of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies.
Full alumni benefits include:
- Alumni membership of the Graduate Institute Alumni Network
- 10% discount on Executive Education programmes
- Career counselling services from the Graduate Institute
- Inspiring exchanges and networking opportunities through alumni regional chapters and DPP community